• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (November 27, 1995) – WCW PRIME
On this day in 1995, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Prime’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & segments, building storylines on the road to the upcoming ‘WCW Starrcade 1995’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Brian Pillman vs. Mr. JL, Dave Sullivan & Joey Maggs
2. Video: Dean Malenko demonstrates the Texas Cloverleaf
3. Chris Benoit vs. Otis Apollo
4. Tony Schiavone interviews Teddy Long
5. Diamond Dallas Page vs. Chuck Williams
6. Video: Dean Malenko demonstrates a Leg Hold
7. Eddie Guerrero vs. Buck Quartermaine
8. The Super Assassins vs. The American Males
WATCH: Sasha Banks Twerking During A Match:
• The Viking Raiders On Talking To Vince McMahon About Changing Their Name
During a recent appearance on WWE’s After The Bell podcast, RAW Tag Team Champions The Viking Raiders talked about going to Vince McMahon to get their team name changed.
Below is what Erik of The Viking Raiders said:
“Before the name happened, the process of us getting there on Monday is a story into itself. We were at the Performance Center with NXT and we had that weekend off. So I asked coach Bloom and the other coaches if I was able to visit Sarah’s [Logan] family [the inlaws] on the weekend.
They said I was ok, so I flew from Cincinnati on Friday morning and I started getting messages on Facebook because I’m in the air not receiving text messages, from [at that point] Hanson [Ivar] asking if I was getting text messages about going to RAW on Monday. He said we were going up [to the main roster], and the first thing I asked was ‘are you f***ing with me?’ Anybody who knows him at all knows everything is a joke.
I landed and I met Sarah and her parents at baggage claim and I told them about the messages. I said ‘bad news is I got to fly home tomorrow, good news is I’m going to RAW on Monday’.
I didn’t have my wrestling gear with me because this was just a family vacation. I flew back to Orlando on Saturday, Ivar and I flew out on Sunday to get there for Monday and our plane got delayed. We got stuck overnight in Raleigh and we had to get our bags off the plane because they had all of our wrestling gear.
*Go to the NEXT page to continue reading this article