• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (August 19, 2001) – WWF SummerSlam 2001
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on August 19, 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF SummerSlam 2001’ LIVE on PPV from the Compaq Center at San Jose in San Jose, California.
The pay-per-view happened in the middle of the ‘WCW/ECW Invasion’ storyline and all the World Championship Wrestling titles were on the line as well.
Here are the results:
– WWF Intercontinental Championship
Edge defeated Lance Storm (c)
– The Dudley Boyz & Test defeated The APA & Spike Dudley
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship & WWF Light Heavyweight Championship
X-Pac (c) defeated Tajiri (c)
– Chris Jericho defeated Rhyno
– Ladder match for the WWF Hardcore Championship
Rob Van Dam defeated Jeff Hardy (c)
– Steel Cage – WCW and WWF Tag Team Championships
The Brothers of Destruction (c) defeated Diamond Dallas Page & Chris Kanyon (c)
– WWF Championship
Kurt Angle defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin (c) via DQ
– WCW Championship
The Rock defeated Booker T (c)
Announcement: We have launched our ‘WrestleFeed’ App on both Android & iOS. We’re trying to create Wrestling’s own Social Media with it. Apart from all the wrestling news, videos & other updates on the app, we’re also going to do a ‘Wrestling Quiz’ every week before Monday Night RAW soon. The winner of that Quiz will win $100.
Please download our app now! Below are the download links:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R
• Top NXT Star Reportedly Suffers Multiple Injuries Last Night At NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV
According to the Fired Up podcast, top NXT star Johnny Gargano possibly injured his shoulder during his Last Man Standing main event match against Tommaso Ciampa for the NXT Championship at last night’s NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV event.
It’s also being said that Gargano injured his knee and dislocated it during the ending moments of the bout.
We’ll keep you updated regarding this.