• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (November 1, 2000) – WCW Thunder
On this day in 2000, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Thunder’ on TBS.
This episode was pre-taped at the Bren Events Center in Irvine, California and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Millennium Final 2000’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1. 3 Count vs. The Jung Dragons
2. Billy Kidman & Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Alex Wright & Disco Inferno
3. Shawn Stasiak vs. Chuck Palumbo
4. Elix Skipper vs. Lt. Loco
5. Sgt. AWOL vs. Meng
6. Lance Storm vs. Norman Smiley
7. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Crowbar
8. Sting & Mike Awesome vs. Jeff Jarrett & Vampiro
• Top UFC Star Says He’s Going To Slap Brock Lesnar If He Shows Up At UFC 230
UFC 230 PPV takes place this Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.
The main event of the PPV will be Daniel Cormier defending the UFC Heavyweight Championship against the #2 ranked Heavyweight Contender, Derrick “The Black Beast” Lewis.
Cormier appeared on Busted Open Radio and was asked what he’ll do if Brock Lesnar shows up once again after his fight.
Below is what Cormier said:
“If he comes up there, right in the face, slap him. Brock’s going to be there I guess. Brock’s coming to lay claim, but this time, I’m not going to let him just push me.”
Lesnar showed up at UFC 226 and was challenged by Cormier (who knocked out Stipe Miocic to win the UFC Heavyweight Title that night). Lesnar entered the Octagon and pushed Cormier.
Lesnar then cut an intense promo that ended with: “DC, I’m coming for you motherf***er!”.