• Top WWE Star Is “Pretty Insistent” To Return In Time For WrestleMania 38
As we have reported before, former 2-time WWE Champion Drew McIntyre is dealing with neck issues.
He was written off WWE programming at the Day 1 pay-per-view, after a backstage attack by Happy Corbin & Madcap Moss.
He will miss the Royal Rumble, but he’s doing everything he can to make it back in time for WrestleMania 38 in April.
Here’s what the Wrestling Observer reported about McIntyre’s rehab:
“He’s been doing rehab and decompression therapy on his neck. He’s taking the John Cena approach of double sessions 6 days a week and is pretty insistent he’ll make it back for WrestleMania.”
WWE Officials had plans for a Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre feud, but it is not known if these plans were for pre-WrestleMania PPVs or for post-WrestleMania season.
WATCH: Rhea Ripley’s Big Buns:
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 22, 1995) – WWF Royal Rumble 1995
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 22, 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired their annual ‘Royal Rumble’ event LIVE on PPV from the Sun Dome in Tampa, Florida.
With only a total match-time of 38 minutes and 41 seconds, this was by far the shortest Royal Rumble match in WWF/E history.
That was only possible because they shortened the intervals, so another wrestler entered every 60 seconds.
The PPV Results:
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Jeff Jarrett defeated Razor Ramon (c)
– The Undertaker defeated Irwin R. Schyster
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Diesel (c) wrestled Bret Hart to a draw
– Vacant WWF Tag Team Championship: 1–2–3 Kid & Bob Holly defeated Bam Bam Bigelow and Tatanka
– Shawn Michaels won the 30-man Royal Rumble match