• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (September 18, 1994) – WCW Fall Brawl 1994
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on September 18, 1994, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Fall Brawl 1994: War Games’ LIVE on PPV from the Roanoke Civic Center in Roanoke, Virginia.
The main event of this pay-per-view was a War Games match that featured a battle between Dusty Rhodes’ Team and The Stud Stable.
The results are here:
– WCW World Television Championship: Johnny B. Badd defeated Lord Steven Regal (c)
– Loser Leaves WCW: Kevin Sullivan defeated Cactus Jack
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Jim Duggan defeated Steve Austin (c)
– WCW World Tag Team Championship: Pretty Wonderful (c) defeated Stars and Stripes
– Elimination: Vader defeated Sting & The Guardian Angel
– WarGames: Dusty Rhodes, Dustin Rhodes & The Nasty Boys defeated Terry Funk, Arn Anderson, Bunkhouse Buck & Col. Robert Parker
• Top WWE Star Making ‘Well Into 7 Figures’ For WWE Crown Jewel Match
On the post-Hell In A Cell 2018 edition of RAW, acting RAW General Manager Baron Corbin announced that Roman Reigns will defend the Universal Championship in a Triple Threat match against Brock Lesnar and Braun Strowman at the WWE Crown Jewel PPV in Saudi Arabia on November 2.
According to Dave Meltzer, Brock Lesnar is making ‘well into 7 figures’ for his championship match. This means that Lesnar is getting paid UFC kind of money for a single WWE match.
WWE made about $45 million from the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia earlier this year and this is more than what they make for WrestleMania.
This is exactly the reason why WWE’s Saudi Arabia shows are loaded, as WWE pays their top draws like Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker a huge amount of money to perform at these shows.