• Old School Wrestling Legend Celebrates His Birthday
Old School Wrestling Legend “Bullet” Bob Armstrong (Real name: Joseph James) celebrates his 79th birthday today.
Bob Armstrong wrestled for several territories during his long, illustrious career, including GCW Georgia Championship Wrestling, CWF Championship Wrestling From Florida & CCW Continental Championship Wrestling.
Later on he appeared in non-wrestling roles for SMW Smoky Mountain Wrestling and TNA Total Nonstop Action.
“Bullet” Bob is the father of Scott Armstrong (WCW), Brad Armstrong (WCW), Steve Armstrong (Lance Cassidy in the WWF) & Brian Armstrong (“Road Dogg” Jesse James in the WWF)
In 2011 Scott, Brad & Brian inducted their father into the WWE Hall of Fame.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOB ARMSTRONG!
• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (October 3, 1987) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped from the Civic Center in Peoria, Illinois and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1987’ PPV.
Here is the card:
1. Superstar Billy Graham & The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. Joe Mirto, Rick Gantner & Tom Stone
2. Ted DiBiase vs. Scott Casey
3. Paul Orndorff vs. Rick Wagner
4. King Kong Bundy, Hercules & Rick Rude vs. Tony Leone, M.L. Williams & Chris Bassett
5. Killer Khan vs. Mike Richards
6. JYD & Ivan Putski vs. Mike Tolos & Chris Curtis
• Top WWE Star Returning To Work 3 More Big Shows
16 Time WWE World Heavyweight Champion John Cena will return to WWE programming this Saturday at the WWE Super Show-Down event in Australia, where he will team up with Bobby Lashley to face the team of Kevin Owens & Elias.
According to The Dirty Sheets, Cena isn’t returning for just one show. Cena is returning for a longer stint and he’ll be working the following shows as well:
– SmackDown 1000 (October 16)
– WWE Crown Jewel PPV (November 2)
– Survivor Series 2018 PPV (November 18)