• The Undertaker’s WrestleMania Streak Began 27 Years Ago Today
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 24, 1991, WWF WrestleMania VII took place. This event featured Hulk Hogan winning the WWF Title in the main event, The Ultimate Warrior defeating Randy Savage in a retirement match and The Undertaker making his WrestleMania debut on his 26th birthday.
This night also marked the beginning of The Undertaker’s WrestleMania streak!
Below are the results:
– The Rockers (Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels) def. The Barbarian and Haku (with Bobby Heenan)
– The Texas Tornado def. Dino Bravo (with Jimmy Hart)
– The British Bulldog def. The Warlord (with Slick)
– WWF Tag Team Championship Match: The Nasty Boys (Brian Knobbs and Jerry Sags) (with Jimmy Hart) def. The Hart Foundation (Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart) (c) to win the Titles.
– Blindfold Match: Jake Roberts def. Rick Martel
– The Undertaker (with Paul Bearer) def. Jimmy Snuka
– Retirement Match: The Ultimate Warrior def. Randy Savage (with Queen Sherri)
– Genichiro Tenryu and Kōji Kitao def. Demolition (Crush and Smash) (with Mr. Fuji)
– WWF Intercontinental Championship Match: Big Boss Man defeated Mr. Perfect (c) (with Bobby Heenan) via DQ.
– Earthquake (with Jimmy Hart) def. Greg Valentine
– The Legion of Doom (Animal and Hawk) def. Power and Glory (Hercules and Paul Roma) (with Slick)
– Virgil (with Roddy Piper) def. Ted DiBiase via countout.
– The Mountie (with Jimmy Hart) def. Tito Santana
– WWF Championship Match: Hulk Hogan def. Sgt. Slaughter (c) (with General Adnan) to win the Title.
You can watch the highlights from this show in just 60 seconds below:
• Triple H Answers If The Undertaker Will Wrestle After WrestleMania 34
During a recent conference call with International Media members, Triple H was asked if The Undertaker will wrestle after WrestleMania 34.
Below is what the 14 time World Champion said:
“You’ve seen John Cena calling him out, you’ve seen that play out on television. Where that goes I’m not sure, where that goes beyond April 8 I don’t know.
It’s kind of a one-day-at-a-time thing and time will tell and we’ll see. It really comes down to being up to The Undertaker, what he wants to do anywhere any time and he’s earned that right certainly with everything that he has accomplished and everything he’s done.
He’s earned the right to pick his shots, pick his opportunity and really dictate what he wants to do.”