Below are the highlights from the WWE Money In The Bank 2023 post-show press conference:
– Cody Rhodes was asked if winning the World Heavyweight Championship would be “Finishing The Story”.
Rhodes said he doesn’t look down on RAW’s World Heavyweight Championship. He said “Finishing The Story” was always about the WWE Championship, the title that his father Dusty Rhodes held in his hands, but couldn’t win.
The World Heavyweight Title is a whole another story.
– Cody was asked about his momentum after losing to Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 39. Cody said John Cena told him the following:
“You can be the champ without wearing the title, but you have to be honest with yourself. Look at the numbers everywhere you go, look at the numbers on everything you put out, and if they are telling you it’s cruising and those numbers support that, then you’re on the right path, and I’m been blessed that that has been the case.”
– Money In The Bank 2023 was the highest grossing arena event in WWE history.
– Last night was the highest grossing SmackDown in WWE history.
– Triple H revealed that there was only one injury tonight and he won’t reveal who it is as it would embarrass that person, as this person didn’t do much in the ring and rolled their ankle on their way to the back.
– Regarding LA Knight’s loss in the Men’s Money In The Bank Ladder Match, Triple H said great things come to those who wait and LA Knight’s rise is just starting.
– HHH said the real reason John Cena returned was he needed that shot of adrenaline that the WWE Superstars get from the fans’ reaction, which they can’t get anywhere else in the world.
– Triple H said Roman Reigns has elevated Tag Teams to the main event of WrestleMania and other premium live events. HHH called the Bloodline story “Cinema”.
– HHH said bringing WrestleMania to London is tough. 4 of the last 5 PLEs were International events. He said WWE is a Global company and they intend to remain that, so never say never regarding an international WrestleMania.
– Triple H said 75% of the stuff people read online isn’t true. When asked about rumors of Drew McIntyre having an issue with WWE creative, HHH said if it’s indeed true, then it’s news to him because Drew didn’t say anything to him.
He said Drew was out with an injury and was getting some stuff fixed. HHH said McIntyre is a great superstar and will hopefully stay with WWE for the rest of his career.
– The Endeavour deal has slowed down the NXT Europe process.
WATCH: Dawn Marie Removes Torrie Wilson’s Clothes: