• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 7, 1990) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Broome County Arena in Binghamton, New York and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1990’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Demolition vs. Tony Ulysses & Mike Pocari
2. Tito Santana vs. Buddy Rose
3. Bad News Brown vs. Mike Bee
4. Jimmy Snuka vs. Chris Duffy
5. Greg Valentine & Honky Tonk Man vs. Jim McPherson & George Skaaland
6. Randy Savage vs. Jim Brunzell
7. The Big Boss Man vs. Barry Hardy
• Triple H Reveals If NXT’s Booking Is A Way To Counter Program AEW Dynamite
WWE NXT defeated AEW Dynamite in overall viewership over the past two weeks.
While speaking to Sports Illustrated, NXT’s head booker, Triple H, discussed if he books NXT depending on what AEW is doing that night.
Below is what he said:
“It absolutely is part of healthy competition. Anyone that thinks it isn’t, to a degree, is being naive to the situation. You saw that back in the day when Clash of Champions was counter-programming [to WWF’s WrestleMania IV in 1988].
At the same point, it can’t drive your booking decisions. Obviously there are counter-programming decisions, but I can tell you exactly how this came about. Almost all of these storylines were headed where they are now.
There was a gap, timing wise, between In Your House and what will become the SummerSlam TakeOver, and you need a halfway point and a build. This is that halfway point. So it doesn’t change our decision-making process. I don’t counter-book, I book what’s right for NXT.”
WATCH: Nia Jax Secretly Records Alexa Bliss’ Fine Butt: