• SmackDown Live Viewership Continues To Get Worse
This week’s episode of SmackDown Live, which featured The New Day vs. The Miz, Samoa Joe & Rusev in the main event, drew 2.14 million viewers.
This is down from previous week’s 2.19 million viewers and this episode turned out to be the least viewed episode of SmackDown Live in 2018.
In comparison, this week’s RAW drew 2.53 million viewers, up from previous week’s 2.49 million viewers.
Below are the results from this week’s SmackDown Live:
– Carmella “unmasked” Asuka
– Asuka def. Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville
– Karl Anderson def. SmackDown Tag Team Champion Harper
– Jimmy Uso & Naomi def. Aiden English & Lana
– AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura signed the contract for their WWE Title Match at Money in the Bank 2018
– Becky Lynch def. Charlotte Flair
– Big Cass slandered Daniel Bryan in front of the WWE Universe
– The New Day def. The Miz, Samoa Joe & Rusev
Below are the top 10 moments from the show:
• Two Big Names Leaving WWE After SummerSlam 2018?
According to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated (yes, the guy who reported Rey Mysterio vs. John Cena would take place at WrestleMania 34), “The Beast Incarnate” Brock Lesnar is set to drop the Universal Championship at SummerSlam 2018 PPV and then both Lesnar and his advocate, Paul Heyman, are expected to leave WWE.
Lesnar currently gets paid per match and Heyman’s contract expires by the end of August.
Below is what Barrasso posted:
“According to sources close to WWE, Lesnar is widely expected to drop the belt, at the latest, by SummerSlam. Because Lesnar’s new contract pays him by the fight, dropping the belt could signal the end of his time in WWE.
If Lesnar is, in fact, finished with WWE following SummerSlam, then Paul Heyman would also be finished with the company as there are no current plans for Heyman outside of his role as Lesnar’s on-screen advocate. SummerSlam takes place on Sunday, August 19, which would make Heyman a free agent by the end of the month.”
While Barrasso reported multiple false stories during the WrestleMania 34 season, Lesnar dropping the Universal Championship at SummerSlam 2018 is something that would most probably happen because WWE officials have been building up to that moment for months and Lesnar is eyeing a return to UFC.
Speaking of Lesnar dropping the Universal Championship at SummerSlam 2018, he’s expected to face “The Big Dog” Roman Reigns once again and drop the Title to him.