• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (April 29, 1989) – NWA World Wide
On this day in 1989, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Wide’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘NWA WrestleWar 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– The Great Muta vs. Bob Emory
– The Iron Sheik & Rip Morgan vs. Ross & Steve Casey
– Ron Simmons vs. George South
– The Road Warriors, Rick Steiner & Eddie Gilbert vs. Bob Orton Jr., Dan Spivey, Steve Williams & Mike Rotunda
– Butch Reed vs. Trent Knight
– Ric Flair & Michael Hayes vs. Ricky Steamboat & Lex Luger
• UFC Champion Open To Signing With WWE
UFC Women’s Bantamweight & Featherweight Champion, Amanda Nunes, said that she’s open to the idea of joining the world of pro-wrestling after she’s done with UFC.
Nunes sparked some speculation by posting a video of her win in 2015 against current RAW star, Shayna Baszler, who used to fight in the octagon previously.
While speaking to Sports Illustrated, she revealed why she posted the video and if she would like to join WWE.
“It was a huge moment in my career. It’s not about showing people that I hurt her. It’s a reminder to me about believing in my coach,” she said. “My coach at the time wanted me to drop her with the leg kick and that’s what happened.”
As for a potential future with WWE, Nunes said:
“Not right now, but maybe later when I retire. I’m open to it. Why not? I could try something new.”
Nunes would surely add a lot of star-power to WWE. The company could also have her face off against her old rival, Ronda Rousey, who she completely dominated in their last encounter.
WWE could book a scenario similar to what they did between Brock Lesnar and Cain Velasquez last year.
WATCH: Brooke Hogan’s (Hulk Hogan’s Daughter) Private Photos Leaked: