• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (February 16, 1998) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1998, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa, Florida and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW SuperBrawl VIII’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Bill Goldberg vs. Hugh Morrus
– Sick Boy vs. Mark Starr
– Public Enemy vs. The Outsiders
– Mike Enos vs. Barry Horowitz
– Yuji Nagata vs. La Parka
– Ultimo Dragon vs. Billy Kidman
– The Barbarian vs. Meng
– Saturn vs. Rick Martel
– Curt Hennig vs. Bobby Eaton
– The Steiner Brothers vs. Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton
– World TV Title: Rick Martel vs. Booker T
– Chris Benoit & Malenko vs. Eddy Guerrero & Chris Jericho
– Lex Luger & Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan & Randy Savage
• UFC Hall Of Famer Training At The WWE Performance Center For A Career In WWE
UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz has been training at the WWE Performance Center. Word going on is that he’s really serious about getting a run in WWE as he was training at the Performance Center all week.
Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE officials are impressed by Tito’s work ethic and enthusiasm while training, but have concerns regarding Tito’s career as a WWE wrestler because he’s 45 years old and has a history of injuries from his MMA career.
Apart from his career in MMA, Tito also made some appearances from TNA Wrestling back in the day.
WATCH: Layla Had The Best Buns In WWE: