• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (August 31, 1998) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1998, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from Miami, Florida and featured matches & segments on the road to the ‘WCW Fall Brawl 1998’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Wrath Vs. Jim Powers
– Scott Norton Vs. Norman Smiley
– Brian Adams Vs. Eddie Guerrero
– Ernest Miller Vs. Scotty Riggs
– Konnan Vs. Marty Jannetty
– Lodi and Perry Saturn Vs. High Voltage
– World Cruiserweight Champion Juventud Guerrera Vs. Evan Karagias
– World Television Champion Chris Jericho Vs. Disco Inferno
– World Heavyweight Champion Bill Goldberg Vs. Al Greene
– Sting and Lex Luger Vs. Hollywood Hogan and Bret Hart
Announcement: We have launched our ‘WrestleFeed’ App on both Android & iOS. We’re trying to create Wrestling’s own Social Media with it. Apart from all the wrestling news, videos & other updates on the app, we’re also going to do a ‘Wrestling Quiz’ every week before Monday Night RAW soon. The winner of that Quiz will win $100.
Please download our app now! Below are the download links:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R
• Update On Vince McMahon Wanting To Bring Former Divas Champion Back For WWE Evolution PPV
As we previously reported, WWE is trying to bring AJ Lee back for the al-women’s WWE Evolution pay-per-view in October.
Vince McMahon contacted AJ himself to sign a new deal with her and told her that the door is open, but it seems that WWE’s attempt to bring back the former Divas Champion is unsuccessful for now.
According to the Wrestling Observer, AJ Lee and WWE aren’t close at all to signing a deal for WWE Evolution. Bringing back AJ would be very difficult for the company as both parties aren’t on good terms.
Word going on is that the rumors of AJ returning weren’t true and even if WWE tries to bring her back, signing a new deal with her won’t be easy. WWE’s doctor Chris Amann suing CM Punk (AJ Lee’s husband) made the circumstances worse.