• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 4, 1998) – WWF Mayhem in Manchester
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 4, 1998, the World Wrestling Federation held an event called ‘Mayhem in Manchester’ at the NYNEX Arena in Manchester, England (UK).
The show was not broadcasted LIVE on television, but was later released on VHS in the United States and in the UK.
Here are the results:
– Jeff Jarrett defeated Brakkus
– Strap match: Henry & Phineas Godwinn defeated Skull & 8-Ball
– Justin Bradshaw defeated Marc Mero
– Ken Shamrock & Owen Hart defeated The Rock & D-Lo Brown
– The Artist Formerly Known as Goldust defeated Cactus Jack
– WWF Tag Team Championship: L.O.D. 2000 defeated The New Age Outlaws (c) via DQ
– WWF Championship: “Stone Cold” Steve Austin (c) defeated Triple H
– The Undertaker defeated Kane
• Update Regarding WrestleMania 35 Main Event Finish
According to the Wrestling Observer, the door is wide open for Ronda Rousey staying with WWE after WrestleMania 35 (as reports currently state that she’s going on a break after WrestleMania).
If Ronda decides to stay, then WWE can pull a shocker (just like they did with Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns last year) and book her to retain the RAW Women’s Championship this Sunday.
If that indeed happens, then we’ll most probably get a singles match between Ronda Rousey & Becky Lynch down the line, with Becky defeating Ronda.
As we noted before, the finish for the WrestleMania 35 main event hasn’t been finalized yet.