• Vince McMahon Ended WWF’s Relationship With Its #1 Sponsor During The Attitude Era
During an interview with SK Wrestling, Old School WWF/WCW writer Vince Russo talked about WWE’s sponsors now compared to the Attitude Era and mentioned an incident where Vince McMahon cancelled a deal with Skittles, because he didn’t see them applying to the World Wrestling Federation’s key demographic.
Here’s what Russo had to say:
“I remember when we went full-blown Attitude Era. Bro, at the beginning of the Attitude Era, do you know who the number one sponsor was? Taste the Rainbow.
And, bro, I remember Vince bringing the ad guys in, ‘Bro, kill the Skittles ad. We can’t be doing Taste the Rainbow on this type of a show’.
And, bro, he left money on the table but Vince was, ‘Bro, with the direction we’re going, we’ll get 10 other advertisers. We’ve got nothing to worry about’.
But now it doesn’t matter?”
Nowadays, WWE can’t do anything edgy without having trouble with their sponsors.
WATCH: Vince McMahon Seduces Candice Michelle By Touching Her Knockers:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (March 27, 2000) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Compaq Center in Houston, Texas and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Chris Benoit & Eddie Guerrero vs. Chris Jericho & Chyna
2. Crash Holly vs. Hardcore Holly
3. Rikishi vs. Road Dogg
4. Dean Malenko & Perry Saturn vs. The Hardy Boyz
5. Kane vs. Kurt Angle
6. Test vs. Al Snow
7. The Acolytes vs. Big Boss Man & Bull Buchanan
8. X-Pac vs. D-Von Dudley
9. Mr. McMahon & The Rock vs. Shane McMahon & The Big Show