• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (November 5, 2001) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 2001, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Nassau Coliseum in Long Island, New York and featured matches, interviews & segments, on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 2001’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Ivory vs. Lita
2. WWF Intercontinental Title: Test vs. Edge
3. Christian vs. Hurricane Helms
4. The Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle
5. Tables Match: The APA & Jacqueline vs. The Dudley Boyz & Stacy Keibler
6. Rob Van Dam vs. Booker T
7. WCW World Heavyweight Title: The Rock vs. Chris Jericho
• Vince McMahon Turns Down A Storyline Pitched By Randy Orton
According to Fightful, 13 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion Randy Orton pitched Vince McMahon an idea of him making a stable with current SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Revival, but Vince wasn’t interested in it:
“We’re told by multiple sources that Orton pushed to do more work with [The Revival], even going as far as pitching a faction to Vince McMahon personally.
The idea fell on deaf ears and Orton and the Revival were put on different brands in the WWE Draft.”
The Revival worked with Orton on multiple occasions this year on SmackDown, but they were never an official stable.
WATCH: WWE Interviewer Charly Caruso’s Buns Exposed: