• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (February 6, 1988) – WWF Boston Garden Show (Ted DiBiase As WWF Champion)
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on February 6, 1988, the World Wrestling Federation held a televised house show at the Boston Garden in Boston, Massachusetts.
The live event was televised on the local NESN channel with Craig DeGeorge & Lord Alfred Hayes doing commentary.
The card can be found here:
– Lanny Poffo vs. Terry Gibbs
– The Rougeau Brothers vs. Steve Lombardi & Barry Horowitz
– Sam Houston vs. Iron Mike Sharpe
– WWF Women’s Title Match: Sensational Sherri (c) vs. Rockin Robin
– Hulk Hogan & Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Ted DiBiase & Andre the Giant (The Million Dollar Man is announced as “New WWF Heavyweight Champion” here, and he also wears the belt)
– Ricky Steamboat vs. Dino Bravo
– Danny Davis vs. Brady Boone
– The One Man Gang vs. George Steele
– The Islanders vs. British Bulldogs
• Vince McMahon Wanted Chris Jericho To Get Out Of His AEW Contract
During a recent edition of his Talk Is Jericho podcast, AEW World Champion Chris Jericho revealed that Vince McMahon asked him if he could get out of his AEW contract after he had signed it.
Below is what Jericho said:
“I’m not in AEW because I was a rebel. I’m with AEW because Vince went, ‘go.’ And then, when I went, he went, ‘did you sign the contract?’ I said, ‘well, yeah.’ He said, ‘can you get out of it?’ ‘No! You told me to sign it!’
But [McMahon] had the opportunity to stop it like he did with [Scott Hall], which is very interesting to me because 23 years later, he made the same [mistake].
I love Vince.”
WATCH: New Revealing Footage Of Natalya From WWE Total Divas: