• “Vince McMahon was genuinely pissed off at me” – WWF Legend On Being In Severe Pain Due To His Finisher
During an episode of his weekly ‘Snake Pit’ podcast, WWF Legend Jake Roberts spoke about his famous DDT finisher and how it would result in severe pain for him, after years of performing the move.
Here’s what he had to say:
“To do a DDT hurt so bad.
When I took that bump, it would just jar down my spinal column. Man, it just, a few times, my legs went numb. That was scary, you know, just for 3 or 4 seconds. But man, that 3 or 4 seconds seems like an hour.
It got to the point that I was in such pain that it was just crazy.
I cradled (Ted) DiBiase. I didn’t even do the DDT because the pain was just so unbelievable when I would do it and there was no getting around it and it finally got to the point that Vince told me ‘Go home and don’t come back until you’re well’.
He was genuinely pissed off at me.”
Jake Roberts wrestled for the World Wrestling Federation from 1986 until 1992, then went to Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling for a few months in 1992, but eventually returned to the WWF for another run from 1996 till 1997.
WATCH: Kelly Kelly Shows Off Her Super Hot Buns:
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (February 24, 1996) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Uncensored 1996’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1. Johnny B. Badd vs. Chris Benoit
2. One Man Gang vs. Pez Whatley
3. Konnan vs. Scott Armstrong
4. Sgt. Craig Pittman vs. DDP
5. Sting & Lex Luger vs. Public Enemy
6. The Road Warriors vs. The Gambler & Butch Long
7. Scott Norton vs. Ice Train
8. Loch Ness vs. Marcus Alexander Bagwell