• Vince McMahon’s Hush Money Scandal Investigation Is Costing WWE $10 Million
A Special Committee of independent members of WWE’s Board of Directors was formed to investigate alleged misconduct by the Company’s former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Vince McMahon.
During a recent SEC filing, WWE revealed that the investigation of this hush money scandal is going to cost the company $10 million.
WWE Co-CEO Stephanie McMahon said the following about Vince’s retirement from WWE during the Q2 Earnings Call:
“Vince McMahon is still very much the controlling shareholder. He still has his eyes for what is best for our business in terms of maximizing return to our shareholders, of which he is the biggest shareholder.
Nick (Khan), Paul (Levesque), Frank (A. Riddick III), and I remain focused on delivering the maximum results to our shareholders. We will properly evaluate any opportunity that comes our way with that lens in mind.”
WATCH: Stacy Keibler Seduces Torrie Wilson:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (August 17, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Worcester Centrum in Worcester, Massachusetts and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Perry Saturn & Terri vs. The Kat & Rikishi
2. Val Venis vs. Eddie Guerrero
3. Crash Holly & Acolytes vs. The Big Boss Man & Kaientai
4. Steve Blackman vs. Chris Benoit
5. Edge & Christian vs. D-Von Dudley & Jeff Hardy
6. Too Cool vs. Road Dogg & X-Pac
7. The Rock vs. Triple H