• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (April 17, 1994) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1994, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Westchester County Civic Center in White Plains, New York and featured Highlight Videos on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1994’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Yokozuna vs. Joey Stallings
– Heartbreak Hotel with Bret Hart (From Superstars)
– Doink The Clown vs. Austin Steele
– Adam Bomb vs. Terry Thomas
– 1-2-3 Kid vs. Ben Jordan
– The Quebecers vs. Virgil & Scrub
– Sparky Plugg vs. Chris Hamrick
– The Heavenly Bodies vs. Mike Moraldo & Derek Domino
• Vince McMahon’s Mindset About AEW Has Reportedly Changed After Recent Budget Cuts
Due to budget cuts caused by the coronavirus pandemic, WWE released over 40 employees.
Some of them were wrestlers that weren’t being used by WWE, but were still making big money as WWE wanted to keep them away from AEW.
According to Brad Shepard, Vince McMahon is done signing wrestlers for big money just to keep them away from AEW:
“From a source in WWE:
A lot of the talent cuts are not shocking. The bubble was due to burst soon on some of this. We’ve been retaining a lot of performers strictly because of the PERCEIVED threat of them going to AEW.
Vince and company are learning that it’s time to stop being worried about that happening. AEW can’t continue taking every C-D level guy that we let walk, especially during this time.
I also think that can be a benefit to certain talent. They made their mind up on EC3, for example, many months ago, so why waste everybody’s time.”
WATCH: Fan Forced To Remove AEW Shirt At Royal Rumble 2019: