• WCW Veteran Underwent Heart Surgery Due To COVID-19 Effects
Last year, WCW Veteran Konnan talked about his kidneys failing during his hospitalization, which almost led to his heart stopping and him passing away.
Konnan was in the hospital with kidney issues and also tested positive for COVID-19, which made his condition even more serious and could’ve very well cost him his life.
Doctors told him the following:
“There’s a very good chance, and when I mean a very good chance, over 60%, that your heart is going to stop.”
Former WWE Spanish Commentator Hugo Savinovich has now revealed that Konnan underwent a heart surgery due to the effects of COVID-19. Konnan gave him the permission to announce this.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (January 20, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the Providence Civic Center in Providence, Rhode Island and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Royal Rumble 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. X-Pac vs. Test
2. Al Snow & Steve Blackman vs. Kurt Angle & The British Bulldog
3. Matt Hardy vs. D-Von Dudley
4. Rikishi & Too Cool vs. Chris Jericho, Chyna & Hardcore Holly
5. Prince Albert vs. The Big Boss Man
6. Viscera vs. Crash Holly
7. Gangrel vs. Edge
8. Over The Top Rope – Lumberjack Match: Kane vs. Big Show & The Rock