• AJ Styles Became The 1st Grand Slam Champion In TNA 9 Years Ago Today
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on March 15, 2009, TNA presented Destination X. “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles became the 1st Grand Slam Champion in TNA history by defeating Booker T to win the TNA Legends Championship.
Below are the results from the show:
– The Governor, Roxxi & Taylor Wilde def. The Beautiful People (Angelina Love, Velvet Sky & Madison Rayne)
– Brutus Magnus def. Eric Young
– Match of 10,000 Tacks: Matt Morgan def. Abyss
– TNA Knockouts Championship Match: Awesome Kong (c) def. Sojournor Bolt to retain the Title.
– Scott Steiner def. Samoa Joe
– TNA Legends Championship Match: AJ Styles def. Booker T (c) to win the Title.
– No Disqualification Off the Wagon Challenge for the TNA World Tag Team Championship: Team 3D (Brother Devon and Brother Ray) def. Beer Money, Inc. (James Storm and Robert Roode) (c) via Count-out.
– Ultimate X match for the TNA X Division Championship: Suicide def. Alex Shelley (c), Chris Sabin, Consequences Creed & Jay Lethal to win the Title.
– TNA World Heavyweight Championship match with Jeff Jarrett as the special guest referee and Mick Foley as the special guest enforcer: Sting (c) def. Kurt Angle to retain the Title.
You can watch the highlights from this PPV below:
• WCW & WWF Veteran Comments On WWE Firing Him After Naked Stinkface Incident
During a recent interview with The Hannibal TV, WCW & WWF Veteran Bill DeMott talked about someone telling naked stinkface incident (that led to his WWE firing) differently.
Below are the highlights:
On someone telling naked stinkface incident differently:
“They made a deal, they didn’t want to train. They made a deal. What’s the deal? ‘I’ll give somebody a squisher bare-a**ed with a jelly doughnut in their mouth.’ I look around at 40 people and I went, ‘Deal!’ Guy gets naked, other guy sits in the corner with a jelly doughnut in his mouth, he runs across the ring, hits the Rikishi a** bump, squishes it all over the face.
Funniest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. Everybody goes, ‘OK, we’re done, everybody can go home, no training, no nothing.’ That was the deal. Six years later, that picture comes out on the internet: ‘Bill DeMott makes students train naked.’… Now, was it the smartest deal I ever made? No. But it was funny as hell. You’re in a room with a bunch of people, all on the same page, they’re tired for the week. Give me a deal and we’re out. They made a deal, we stuck to the deal.
Six years later somebody who was let go from the company and wasn’t satisfied told a different story: ‘DeMott makes people train naked.’ I’m an internet sensation overnight… There was no malice, there was no nothing, it was a story innocent with a bunch of men and women who trained together every day, that when things weren’t going their way, turned around and handed it to somebody else.”
On doing the same exact thing if he had to:
“To be honest I probably would do the same exact thing, but letting them know the repercussions… You start to feel entitled: ‘Now you’re paying me and now I don’t want to do it so you have to find a way to make me feel better about myself.’ So that was on me.
That’s the one thing I would tell myself now: stick to what you know. Not, don’t worry about hurting people’s feelings or make them feel better about themselves, help them realize early on of what’s needed and what it is.”