• William Regal Names 3 AEW Wrestlers He Almost Signed To NXT
NXT used to be WWE’s version of indy wrestling, where they hired the top indy wrestlers from around the world and they did their thing.
However, Vince McMahon completely changed Triple H’s vision of NXT last year by introducing NXT 2.0.
While fans on Social Media heavily criticized this move, people in the wrestling industry said this might be a move that makes sense because now in NXT 2.0, they are preparing the wrestlers that they actually want to push on the main roster.
Prior to this, a lot of the top NXT wrestlers were wasted upon their arrival on the main roster because WWE Officials weren’t interested in them.
William Regal, who is now the Manager of the Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley, Bryan Danielson & Wheeler Yuta) in All Elite Wrestling, used to be the NXT General Manager and also used to scout talent.
During an interview with Alex McCarthy, Regal revealed that he almost signed the following 3 AEW wrestlers to NXT before Vince changed the direction of the show (where the decision was made to not hire indy wrestlers anymore):
– Ricky Starks (current FTW Champion)
– Daniel Garcia (currently a part of the Jericho Appreciation Society)
– Wheeler Yuta (currently a part of Regal’s Blackpool Combat Club)
Also Read: 2 More Matches Announced For This Sunday’s AEW Double Or Nothing 2022 PPV
WATCH: Lana Teases Fans With Her Hot Body:
• ON THIS DAY IN TNA HISTORY (May 27, 2010) – TNA iMPACT!
On this day in 2010 Total Nonstop Action! aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘TNA iMPACT! Wrestling’.
This episode took place at the TNA Impact Zone in Orlando, Florida and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the TNA Slammiversary 2010 PPV.
Here’s the official match-card from that night:
1. Ink Inc. vs. Team 3D (The Dudley Boyz) vs. The Band (nWo)
2. Kazarian vs. Jay Lethal
3. Abyss vs. Orlando Jordan
4. Knockouts Tag Titles: Beautiful People vs. Taylor Wilde & Sarita
5. Desmond Wolfe vs. Jeff Hardy
6. AJ Styles vs. Mr. Anderson (Mr. Kennedy)