• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 2, 1989) – WWF WrestleMania 5
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 2, 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WrestleMania V’ LIVE on PPV from the “Trump Plaza” Historic Atlantic City Convention Hall in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
This was the 5th annual WrestleMania event and had the tagline “The Mega Powers Explode”.
The inaugural WrestleMania happened in 1985 and even nowadays WrestleMania is still by far the biggest professional wrestling event on the planet each year.
Here are the PPV results:
– Hercules defeated King Haku
– The Twin Towers defeated The Rockers
– Brutus Beefcake wrestled Ted DiBiase to a double countout
– The Bushwhackers defeated The Fabulous Rougeaus
– Mr. Perfect defeated The Blue Blazer
– WWF Tag Team Championship: Demolition (c) defeated The Powers of Pain & Mr. Fuji
– Dino Bravo defeated Ronnie Garvin
– The Brain Busters defeated Strike Force
– Jake Roberts defeated André the Giant via DQ
– The Hart Foundation defeated Greg Valentine & The Honky Tonk Man
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: Rick Rude defeated The Ultimate Warrior (c)
– Bad News Brown wrestled Jim Duggan to a double-DQ
– The Red Rooster defeated Bobby Heenan
– WWF World Heavyweight Championship: Hulk Hogan defeated Randy Savage (c)
• Kevin Owens Responds To A Fan Making Fun Of His Skin Condition
Below is a recent Twitter exchange between a fan and Kevin Owens:
@FightOwensFight cover your roast beef pits
— Julia Scott (@JulzScott72614) March 30, 2019
Do you mean the skin condition I live with every day that actually makes my life quite difficult sometimes?
Thanks, Julia, but I think I’ll just keep being me.
P.S. Way to be “body positive” ? https://t.co/wLDCdEivpg
— Kevin (@FightOwensFight) March 31, 2019
• WrestleMania 35 Reportedly A “Logistical Nightmare” For WWE Officials
WrestleVotes recently reported that preparations for this year’s WrestleMania 35 event haven’t been easy:
Heard from multiple people inside WWE that this WrestleMania, the preparation & execution has been a logistical nightmare. Travel, hotel & scheduling wise this years event has caused the most headache. I’d be surprise to see WM return to NY/NJ within 6 years like it did this time
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) March 30, 2019