• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 12, 1996) – WWF Action Zone
On this day in 1996, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Action Zone’.
This episode featured matches, promos, highlights & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF In Your House 8: Beware of Dog’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– Mankind vs. Fatu (From Superstars)
– Interview w/ Mankind (From Superstars)
– The Smoking Gunns vs. Tekno Team 2000 (From Superstars)
– Interview w/ The New Rockers
– Highlights Of What Happened Between The Undertaker And Goldust (From Last Weeks Raw)
– Promo By The Undertaker & Paul Bearer
– The British Bulldog & Owen Hart vs. Duke The Dumpster Droese & Bob Holly (From Superstars)
– Highlights Of What Has Happened Between Shawn Michaels And The British Bulldog
– Promo By A Woman Accusing Shawn Michaels Of Adultery
– The Ross Report: Interview w/ Shawn Michaels (Action Zone Exclusive)
• WWE Already Planting Seeds For The Undertaker’s Next Match
As The Undertaker is going to celebrate his 30th anniversary in the WWE this November, fans can expect to see him quite frequently on WWE programming.
As we noted earlier, WWE is planning to continue with The Undertaker – AJ Styles program. They hinted about it during the Money In The Bank Ladder match, when Styles got scared after seeing Taker’s portrait and was pushed into a room full of Taker’s stuff by Aleister Black.
The Phenomenal One was also seen watching “Undertaker: The Last Ride” docuseries on this week’s RAW.
The Wrestling Observer noted that the two are set to have a match “way down the line”.
As WWE had a Boneyard match between them at WrestleMania, it looks like they want to have a traditional one-on-one encounter between them as well (which was the original plan for WrestleMania 36 anyway).
WATCH: WWE Doctor Touches Stephanie McMahon’s Juggs: