• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (August 9, 1997) – WCW ROAD WILD 1997
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on August 9, 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Road Wild 1997’ LIVE on PPV from the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota.
This was the second out of a total of 4 annual WCW events (1996-1999) from the Sturgis Harley Davidson Rally, and while all four events are usually destroyed by the critics for not drawing a cent in revenue money because it was totally free for the bikers in attendance, they were still pretty cool & entertaining to watch for a fan, as big outdoor events always had that kind of a special feeling to them.
Here are the results:
– Harlem Heat defeated Vicious and Delicious
– Mexican Death match: Konnan defeated Rey Misterio Jr.
– Elimination: Steve McMichael & Chris Benoit defeated Jeff Jarrett & Dean Malenko
– WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Alex Wright (c) defeated Chris Jericho
– Ric Flair defeated Syxx
– Curt Hennig defeated Diamond Dallas Page
– The Giant defeated Randy Savage
– WCW World Tag Team Championship: The Steiner Brothers defeated The Outsiders (c) by DQ
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Hollywood Hogan defeated Lex Luger (c)
• WWE Drops Major Storyline Before SummerSlam 2019
After losing the SmackDown Tag Team Titles at Extreme Rules 2019, Daniel Bryan said that he would be making a career-altering announcement, which people thought would lead to something big at SummerSlam, but he ended up not doing it.
It looks like Bryan won’t be making that announcement as PWInsider is reporting that WWE has dropped that storyline.
That’s why Bryan was back in action on this week’s SmackDown.
Bryan is currently set to be involved in a feud with Roman Reigns, where he will be revealed as Roman’s mystery attacker.
Also Read: WWE Possibly Doing A Big Angle At SummerSlam 2019