• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (October 17, 1992) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1992, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Arena in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1992’ PPV.
Here is the card:
– Interview w/ The New WWF Champion Bret Hart
– Shawn Michaels vs. Steve Gillespie
– Tatanka vs. Brian Jewel
– WWF Update: About Bret Hart Winning The WWF Title
– Big Boss Man vs. Barry Horowitz
– WWF Event Center
– The British Bulldog vs. Jim Peterson
– Survivor Series Report
– Money Inc. vs. Jim Powers & Bob St. Laurent
– WWF Event Center
– Highlights Of Bret Hart Winning The WWF Title
• WWE Getting A Total Of $60 Million For WWE Crown Jewel PPV, Insane Salaries Of Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar & The Undertaker Revealed
According to The Dirty Sheets, Saudi Arabia officials are paying WWE over $60 million for next month’s WWE Crown Jewel PPV.
Out of this $60 million, $40 million is for putting the show and $20 million for expenses (which also includes pay for talent).
With WWE making so much money, the top 3 draws for this show are getting paid insane salaries for just one night:
– Shawn Michaels: $3 Million
– Brock Lesnar: $3 Million
– The Undertaker: $2 Million
As of now, the show is expected to go on as planned. The show will only be pulled if the US government or the shareholders demand it to be pulled.
If the show gets cancelled, then don’t expected Shawn Michaels & Brock Lesnar to take major pay cuts to compete in their matches as WWE won’t be spending $8 million on 3 stars just so they can provide the fans with what they advertised (unless it’s WrestleMania).
It should be noted that the only reason HBK came out of retirement is because of this insane money offer (which WWE didn’t want to offer him prior to deal with Saudi Arabia). On the other hand, expect The Undertaker to do whatever WWE wants him to do if the show gets cancelled.