• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 25, 1997) – nWo Souled Out 1997
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 25, 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘nWo Souled Out’ LIVE on PPV from the Five Seasons Center in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
This was the first ever Souled Out event and also the only one of them, that was presented as an nWo themed PPV.
Here are the results:
– Masahiro Chono def. Chris Jericho
– Mexican Death match
Big Bubba Rogers def. Hugh Morrus
– Jeff Jarrett def. Mr. Wallstreet
– Buff Bagwell def. Scotty Riggs
– Scott Norton def. Diamond Dallas Page via countout
– WCW World Tag Team Championship
The Steiner Brothers def. The Outsiders (c)
– Ladder match for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
Eddie Guerrero (c) def. Syxx
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Hollywood Hogan (c) wrestled The Giant to a no contest
• Hall of Famer Says It’s Time For Hulk Hogan To Return To WWE – There’s Not A Single Racist Bone In Hogan’s Body
During a recent interview with TMZ Sports, WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page was asked if it’s time for “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan to return to WWE.
Below is what DDP said:
“To me, at some point Hulk has to come back. I’m hoping that gets seen on the WWE side, because I’m a big Hulk Hogan fan. He was really one of the guys who was instrumental in helping me get up to that spot as the top guy. Because he believed in me, and when I won the World Title that night of the match he was in there: me, Flair, Sting and Hogan.
Hulk, he’s spent his time. I don’t think anybody believes that Hulk – in anyway – has any racist bone in his body. Bottom line is he’s a good man and I hope to God he gets to come back.”
You can watch the interview below:
WWE recently issed the following statement to reveal that they haven’t changed their mind yet regarding Hogan returning to the company (when asked about his Raw 25 status):
“At this time, WWE remains committed to its decision.”