• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 27, 1999) – WWF King of the Ring 1999
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on June 27, 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘King of the Ring 1999’ LIVE on PPV from the Greensboro Coliseum Complex in Greensboro, North Carolina.
This was the 7th annual “King of the Ring” pay-per-view out of 10 that aired from 1993 till 2002.
Other King of the Ring tournaments that were held in 1985-1989, 1991, 2006, 2008, 2010 & 2015 happened either during House Shows or during weekly TV shows.
Here are the PPV results:
– Quarter-final match: X-Pac defeated Hardcore Holly by DQ
– Quarter-final match: Kane defeated Big Show
– Quarter-final match: Billy Gunn defeated Ken Shamrock by referee-stoppage
– Quarter-final match: Road Dogg defeated Chyna
– #1 contenders: The Hardy Boyz defeated The Brood
– Semi-final match: Billy Gunn defeated Kane
– Semi-final match: X-Pac defeated Road Dogg
– WWF Championship: The Undertaker (c) defeated The Rock
– Final match: Billy Gunn defeated X-Pac
– Ladder match for control of the WWF: Mr. McMahon and Shane McMahon defeated Stone Cold Steve Austin
• WWE Hall Of Famer Explains Why The Undertaker Returned So Soon
During a recent edition of the Hall Of Fame Podcast, two time WWE Hall of Famer Booker T said the following regarding Taker’s return:
“The Undertaker made his return back to the ring tonight on Monday Night Raw, saving Roman Reigns from Shane-O-Mac and Drew McIntyre, The Scottish Psychopath.
No one thought that they would see The Undertaker this soon after Super ShowDown, in what we would call, ‘the incident.’ No one thought we would see him this soon, but me personally, I think Undertaker was thinking, ‘Man, I gotta go get this bad taste out of my mouth. I gotta get rid of it and do something to make me forget’.”