WWE News

WWE Hall Of Famer Just Found Out That He Was COVID-19 Positive In June

WWE Hall of Fame Logo

• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (September 15, 1984) – WWF Maple Leaf Wrestling

On this day in 1984, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Maple Leaf Wrestling’.

You can find the card below:

1. Paul Orndorff vs. Rick McGraw

2. Hulk Hogan vs. Moondog Rex

3. Bret Hart & The Dynamite Kid vs. Troy Alexander & Iron Mike Sharpe

4. Piper’s Pit – Ivan Putski

5. Sgt Slaughter vs. Muhammad Saad

• WWE Hall Of Famer Just Found Out That He Was COVID-19 Positive In June

While speaking on the latest edition of his Hall Of Fame podcast, two time WWE Hall Of Famer Booker T revealed that he had tested positive for Coronavirus back in June, which he found out about recently.

Below is what Booker said:

“I got a call today from the CDC and they told me I have tested positive for the Coronavirus back at the end of June. I never got my result back. But they called me, rest assured, today, to tell me that back at the end of June when I got tested that I tested positive.

I’ve had three tests since then and they all came back negative.  It just goes to show you how bad that we really are with this system that we are working with. People are finding out if they have this or they don’t. I’m living proof, thank God that I’m still here.

I have a healthy immune system and God spared me on this one, but I could have been one of the nearly 200,000 that didn’t know I had this and I was gone on my way to the next life.  But, it’s bigger than that. I know what I went through for a couple weeks. I had headaches. I had night sweats. I lost my taste and smell for two weeks.

Thank God, I was smart enough to quarantine from the family. I stayed away from everyone. I put myself off in the west wing. I stayed there for a couple weeks until I started feeling better until everything started subsiding. Even my taste, I waited until that started to come back a little bit before I started mingling with the family.

Thank God I did because I could be like The Rock, as far as the whole family coming down with something like this. I have my mother-in-law with us and that’s something that’s so serious. I want you to be careful with this.

Thank God I’m working for a company that’s testing me on a regular basis. Guys, take this stuff seriously. I never got that test back. I remember I was doing [WWE] Backstage when we were doing a rehearsal. I told the guys that I’m sorry but my head is banging so bad. I thought I had a migraine. I said can I get with you guys later and I’ll be ready for the show. They said we can give you the night off. I said, no, I’ll be ready to go.

For me to take a night off and say I can’t go, that’s a rarity. In the wrestling business, you can’t call in sick. I’ve never once called from home and said guys, I’m not going to be able to get on the flight today. That’s never happened in my whole wrestling career and to this day that’s never happened. I would get there and they may see how bad I’m feeling and then they would say I need to go home. But, I’m going to make that travel. I’m going to make that date.

When you and I didn’t do the show because I was feeling bad, I was feeling really bad. That’s why I tell people that they are testing themselves and saying, man, I want to see what it’s like. I want to go on the Coronavirus ride and it can’t be that bad, trust me, it can be and it could be worse than what I was going through.

The night sweats, waking up with my shirt and my shirt would go from grey to black because the sweat was bad. I would have to wipe myself down. I wasn’t as afraid perhaps as much as I should have been because I never got the test back. I thought I had the flu.”

WrestleFeed App Ad By WWF Old School 1

WATCH: Old Revealing Video Of Asuka (Part 3):

You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.

To Top