• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (October 5, 1997) – WWF In Your House 18: Badd Blood
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on October 5, 1997, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF In Your House 18: Badd Blood’ LIVE on PPV from the Kiel Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
This pay-per-view featured the first ever ‘Hell in a Cell’ match in professional wrestling history, including the debut of Kane.
Here are the PPV results:
– The Nation of Domination defeated The Legion of Doom
– Max Mini & Nova defeated Mosaic & Tarantula
– WWF Tag Team Championship: The Godwinns defeated The Headbangers (c)
– Vacant WWF Intercontinental Championship: Owen Hart defeated Faarooq
– The Disciples of Apocalypse defeated Los Boricuas
– Flag match: Bret Hart & The British Bulldog defeated The Patriot & Vader
– Hell in a Cell: Shawn Michaels defeated The Undertaker
• WWE Hall Of Famer On ‘Over 50’ Club Being The Main Draws For WWE Super Show-Down – Says Younger Talent Can’t Carry This Show
The main event of this Saturday’s WWE Super Show-Down event will be the ‘Last Time ever’ bout between The Undertaker & Triple H.
In a recent post on Facebook, WWE Hall of Famer “Superstar” Billy Graham talked about the ‘Over 50’ club being the main draws for this event and how the young WWE talent can’t carry this show.
Below is what he posted:
“The Over 50 Club
In just a matter of days the fine folks in Melbourne, Australia will be treated to the biggest event outside of a WrestleMania extravaganza. By far the most anticipated match on this card will be The Undertaker vs HHH. H will have the amazing Shawn Michaels in his corner and the Taker will have Kane in his corner.
Kane is 51, Undertaker is 53, Shawn is 53 and H is 49. How is it that a company, hell bent on promoting young talent, cannot to save their life come up with a match more important to the success of this show than 4 great men in their 50’s ? Oh yes, Shane McMahon is on the card, thank God the tax payers are not paying his air and his $100,000 pay-off, he is a total joke on this card.
Then you have Ronda Rousey returning to the city and stadium where she got her a$$ kicked by Holly Holm…welcome home RR, wearing your belt that looks like it was bought in a Walmart toy department section. The over 50 club proves that the younger talent, some excellent, like the Japanese guy and Asuka, cannot in any way carry this show.
It takes real pros in their 50’s to get the real superstar pop and respect, an amazing set of circumstances !!!”