• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (June 13, 1987) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Memorial Auditorium in Buffalo, New York and included matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1987’ PPV.
Here is the card:
1. The British Bulldogs vs. Dusty Wolfe & Johnny K-9
2. The Islanders vs. S.D. Jones & Eric Cooper
3. The Junkyard Dog vs. Terry Gibbs
4. Greg Valentine & Dino Bravo vs. Lanny Poffo & Scott Casey
5. The Honky Tonk Man vs. Ricky Steamboat
6. One Man Gang vs. Sylvano Sousa
• WWE Hall Of Famer Rips Fans For Making Negative Comments About Goldberg & Undertaker
WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry isn’t happy with how people on Social Media reacted to The Undertaker vs. Goldberg match at WWE Super ShowDown 2019.
Below is what Henry said on Busted Open Radio:
“Goldberg deserves the respect that he has earned. The guy went in and busted his face open; he finished that match. How about saying ‘thank you, for not tapping out.’ He could have easily said ‘Hey, I can’t see, I rung my bell.’ They could have done a series of Chokeslams and 1,2,3 and it’s over, they could have done it, didn’t do it.
They went through it for you. But the ‘Twitter fingers’, the people that can’t run a mile in under a day, the people that can’t lift their own body weight, do one pull-up, don’t have a belief beyond anything but their own nose, those are the people that came on social media and berated the Undertaker and Goldberg. When it was a travesty to the wrestling business because they deserve better than that.
Anybody that sent a tweet like that, you should be ashamed of yourself. Everybody that knows you, should look at you differently. I’ll be dammed if I’m going to let someone tarnish their memory because they got the ability to communicate with millions of people with sending a tweet.
We have people that can’t lace their own shoes, chew bubble gum at the same time trying to tear them down in a second, over a tweet. It’s brutal to me.”