• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (September 11, 2000) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 2000, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Independence Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina and featured matches, interviews & segments on the road to the ‘WCW Fall Brawl 2000’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
1. WCW World Tag Team Titles: Filthy Animals vs. KroniK
2. Stickball Pat on a Pole Match: Reno vs. Big Vito
3. Madusa vs. Torrie Wilson
4. Jeff Jarrett vs. Miss Jones
5. General Hugh G. Rection vs. Lance Storm
6. Handicap No DQ Match: Sting vs. Harris Boys
7. WCW World Heavyweight Title: Kevin Nash vs. Scott Steiner
• Maryse Returns To In-Ring Action In The Main Event Of Tonight’s SmackDown Live
WWE announced the following:
Brie Bella and Maryse to square off tonight on SmackDown LIVE
“Just days before their huge Mixed Tag Team Match at the WWE Hell in a Cell pay-per-view, Brie Bella and Maryse will go one-on-one tonight on SmackDown LIVE.
Brie returned to Team Blue two nights after SummerSlam to help her husband, Daniel Bryan, even the odds against Maryse & The Miz and issued the Hell in a Cell pay-per-view challenge.
With the anticipated collision impending, SmackDown LIVE General Manager Paige announced over the weekend that Brie and Maryse will face off in tonight’s main event. The match will be Maryse’s first singles match in roughly seven years.
A week from #HIAC but only 2 days away from #SDLive! What does that mean? More matches!@RonKillings will face @AndradeCienWWE (w/ loudmouth @Zelina_VegaWWE) and @MaryseMizanin returns to singles action against Brie @BellaTwins … IN THE MAIN EVENT! pic.twitter.com/j7wRCWNtof
— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) September 9, 2018
Who will leave SmackDown LIVE with momentum heading into WWE Hell in a Cell? Find out tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!”
• WWE Hall Of Famer Says Triple H Is A Bigger Star Than The Undertaker & Shawn Michaels, Says HHH Could Be A 20 Time World Champion
A fan posted a poll on Twitter asking who’s the bigger star out of the following 3 names: The Undertaker, Triple H & Shawn Michaels.
WWE Hall of Famer Kevin Nash replied that Triple H is the bigger star of the 3 and that “The Game” could be a 20 time World Champion because he’s in control:
Triple H he’s in control. He could be a 20 time World Champion. You guys still don’t get it. Always from a marks perspective.
— Kevin Nash (@RealKevinNash) September 11, 2018