• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (October 1, 1989) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Civic Center in Springfield, Massachusetts and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Demolition vs. Don Champ & Craig O’Reilly
– “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka vs. Bob Bradley
– Haku vs. Mario Mancini
– “Rowdy” Roddy Piper vs. Barry Horowitz
– “The Widow Maker” Barry Windham vs. Butch Mayo
– Rick Martel vs. Jim McPherson
– The Bushwhackers vs. Chris Duffy & Gary Wolfe
• WWE Hall Of Famer Says Wrestlers Nowadays Don’t Care About Each Other’s Safety
During a recent appearance on The Steve Austin Show podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T talked about young wrestlers from the current era not caring about each other’s safety and if he has talked to them about it.
Below is what Booker T said:
“I see guys now and they don’t care about the safety of the guy they’re working with. They’ll just pick him up and toss him! And how did he land? And the thing is, the guy that’s getting tossed, he does not care either, so it goes both ways!
So it’s crazy. I do try to talk to these young guys, and let them know, ‘hey man, you can still… old school… I try not to cross our era with those young guys’ era. It’s their time. But I do try to tell them, ‘hey, some of the stuff we did still works today. All you’ve got to do is go out there and utilize them’.”