• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (May 27, 1995) – WWF Superstars
On this day in 1995, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars’.
This episode was pre-taped at the O’Neil Center in Danbury, Connecticut and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1995’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– Men on a Mission vs. Russ Greenberg & Tim McNeany
– KOTR Qualifying Match: Kama vs. Duke Droese
– Shawn Michaels vs. Tom Prichard (WrestleFest 95)
– Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Brian Walsh
– Tekno Team 2000 vs. Barry Horowitz & the Brooklyn Brawler
• WWE Hall Of Famer Talks About His Frustration Regarding 24/7 Title
During a recent appearance on Busted Open Radio, WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley talked about his frustration regarding the WWE 24/7 Title.
Below is what Foley said:
“The title design was the least of the issues. No matter what I pulled out, unless it was the old Hardcore Title, was going to be met with disinterest. It’s still kind of frustrating — not just frustrating, but terrifying — when they’re not buying what you’re selling. I look back and I would have changed so many things. I wouldn’t have come out with real serious intent when it’s going to be a humorous belt.
I do believe that it’s going to catch on. I think it’s going to be fun. The truth is, we can’t do the things we used to do with the Hardcore Title. If you call it the Hardcore Title and the emphasis is on the imagination and fun and bringing guys into the mix, the Hardcore Title is going to hurt that.
We’re gonna hear from people who are not happy with it, but we hear from them all the time anyway. I think it’s going to be fun. And fun has been missing from WWE programming.”