• WWE Hall Of Famer Was Edited Out Of Every Show Shot After Being Accused Of Rape
Former WWE Director and Vice President of TV Technology, Kevin Quinn, did an “Ask Me Anything” session on Reddit on Monday night. He revealed that he was recently released by WWE, and is retiring from the business.
During the AMA, a fan asked him what’s the craziest thing he had to edit out of a WWE show.
“Jerry Lawler was accused of statutory rape and we had already shot 3 hours of program. We had to remove him from every show already shot. It took 2 over-nights.”
In case you don’t know, Lawler was indicted in 1993 for raping a 15-year old girl. The charges were later dropped after the girl admitted she fabricated some of the story.
WATCH: AJ Styles Said This Was The Worst Bump Of His Career:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (December 1, 1984) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1984, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the first ever WrestleMania event.
You can find the card below:
– David Sammartino vs. Gino Carabello
– Paul Orndorff vs. Mario Mancini
– Blackjack Mulligan vs. Rusty Brooks
– Brutus Beefcake vs. Jose Luis Rivera
– Tito Santana vs. Dave Barbie
– Andre The Giant & S.D. Jones vs. Ken Patera & Big John Studd