• ON THIS DAY IN WRESTLING HISTORY (July 14, 1990) – USWA Texas Challenge TV
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 14, 1990, the United States Wrestling Association aired an episode of their weekly TV Show “USWA Texas Challenge”.
The show featured pre-taped matches and interviews including several USWA Wrestlers.
Here’s the card:
– INTERVIEW: Chris & Toni Adams
– Southern title: Bill Dundee (c) vs. John Tatum (7-4-90, Dallas)
– INTERVIEW: Bill Dundee
– Kerry Von Erich vs. Percy Pringle *sub. for Matt Borne* (7-4-90, Dallas)
– INTERVIEW: John Tatum
– Video recap of Steve Austin/Chris Adams feud
– INTERVIEW: Steve Austin & Jeannie Clark
– Steve Austin & Jeannie Clark vs. Chris & Toni Adams (7-4-90, Dallas)
• WWE Has Dropped Plans For A Modern Nation Of Domination
On last week’s episode of RAW, WWE teased Ron Simmons joining The Hurt Business. They even had Mark Henry backstage, but he was not used (but he was used on this week’s episode).
The Wrestling Observer reported that WWE had plans for a Nation Of Domination 2.0 using Bobby Lashley, MVP, Shelton Benjamin, Ron Simmons and Mark Henry, but the idea wasn’t supported by several people backstage.
In an update to last week’s report, the Wrestling Observer noted that plans for the stable have now been dropped.
“The deal with Mark Henry is that you know Mark Henry and Ron Simmons were brought in to these tapings for the Nation Of Domination angle that they scrapped. So I guess they figured that since Mark Henry is there we’re you know, they put him on TV for no apparent reason other than ‘he’s here let’s put him on TV.’”
WATCH: Lana Spanks Carmella In A Bikini: