• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (March 20, 1995) – Old School WWF Legend Passed Away
On this day in 1995, we lost Old School WWF Legend Big John Studd at the age of 47 due to liver cancer and Hodgkin’s disease.
Big John Studd wrestled for the World Wrestling Federation from 1982 until 1986 and again from 1988 till 1989.
His biggest accomplishment was winning the second annual Royal Rumble match in 1989, which was not only the first ever 30-man Royal Rumble match, but also the first one that aired LIVE on pay-per-view.
He retired from the sport of professional wrestling later that year, in late 1989.
† REST IN PEACE BIG JOHN STUDD
February 19, 1948 – March 20, 1995
• WWE Has “Outside The Box” Ideas For WrestleMania 36
WrestleMania 36 will take place on April 4th & 5th from multiple venues and won’t have any fans in attendance.
However, WWE is trying their best to put on a good show for the fans.
According to Fightful, WWE has “outside the box” ideas ready for their biggest show of the year:
“We have some really cool things planned. Well, cool for the situation we’re in at least. It’s not something we want to have to do, but it’s where we are.
Don’t expect this to be like the first RAW or SmackDown you saw from the Performance Center. Based on what I was told, this will be outside the box.”
As we noted earlier, WWE revealed the matches that are going to take place on Night 1 & Night 2 of WrestleMania 36.
You can check them out below:
Night 1 (April 4th)
– Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre for the WWE Championship
– The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles
– Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair for the NXT Women’s Championship
– Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens
Night 2 (April 5th)
– Goldberg (c) vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship
– Edge vs. Randy Orton in a Last Man Standing Match
– John Cena vs. “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt
– Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler for the RAW Women’s Championship
WATCH: Lana Shows Off Her Bare Buns: