• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (April 21, 1997) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Saginaw Civic Center in Saginaw, Michigan and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Slamboree 1997 PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Dean Malenko vs. Yuji Nagata
– Glacier vs. Ciclope
– Ultimo Dragon vs. Bobby Eaton
– Meng vs. Chris Jericho
– The Steiner Brothers vs. Public Enemy
– Jeff Jarrett vs. Scotty Riggs
– Syxx vs. Rey Mysterio Jr.
– Diamond Dallas Page vs. Psychosis
• WWE Issues Statement On Employee Accusing Them Of Forcing Employees To Work
Earlier this morning, an anonymous WWE employee requested the Florida Government to shut down WWE TV Tapings at the Performance Center, as he claimed that the employees were being forced to work (tap here to read the full story).
WWE has denied the claim and issued the following statement to PWInsider:
“These accusations aren’t true. Employees know they can confidentially go to Human Resources, not the public.
Notwithstanding the appropriate protocol, no one would be fired if they were uncomfortable with their surroundings. We’ve made accommodations for individuals upon request.”
Also Read: Vince McMahon Sued For Wrongful Termination
WATCH: Charlotte Flair Shows Off Her Big Juggs At A Party: