• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (September 9, 1990) – NWA Main Event
On this day in 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA Main Event’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Mark Callous vs. Tim Parker
- Terry Taylor vs. Joe Cazana
– Danger Zone w/Black Scorpion & Sting
- Sid Vicious vs. Dave Diamond
- Allen Iron Eagle vs. Pat Rose
- Freebirds vs. Tim Parker & Scott Williams
- U.S. Heavyweight Champ Lex Luger vs. Barry Windham
• WWE VIDEO HISTORY (September 9, 2004) – WWE SmackDown!
On this day in 2004, World Wrestling Entertainment aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE SmackDown!’.
It was broadcasted from Tulsa, Oklahoma and featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE No Mercy 2004’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– John Bradshaw Layfield v Charlie Haas
– WWE Tag Titles: Kidman & Paul London v Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki
– Spike Dudley v Rey Misterio Jr.
– The Dudley Boyz v Rey Misterio Jr. & RVD & Hardcore Holly
– Lumberjack Match: Kurt Angle v Eddie Guerrero
• WWE Main Roster Star Expected To Continue Working In NXT
Former SmackDown Tag Team Champion Luke Harper returned to NXT at a recent NXT Live Event in Buffalo, New York.
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) September 7, 2018
Harper faced Ricochet for the NXT North American Championship and lost. The two men shook hands after the match.
You can watch the finish of the match below:
— Gimmick Gorilla (@GimmickGorilla) September 7, 2018
According to the Wrestling Observer, Harper is expected to continue working NXT Live Events.
However, this doesn’t mean that he has been demoted to WWE’s developmental brand. Harper will work in NXT until WWE finds something for him on TV storyline wise (as his tag team partner Erick Rowan is currently out of action with an injury).