• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 28, 1996) – WWF In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 28, 1996, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies’ LIVE on PPV from the Omaha Civic Auditorium in Omaha, Nebraska.+
It was the 7th edition of the WWF’s In Your House pay-per-views.
This event marked the last WWF pay-per-view and also the last televised WWF appearances of “Diesel” Kevin Nash & “Razor Ramon” Scott Hall, until their return almost 6 years later in 2002.
Here are the results:
– Owen Hart & The British Bulldog defeated Ahmed Johnson & Jake Roberts
– WWF Intercontinental Championship: The Ultimate Warrior defeated Goldust (c) by count-out
– Vader defeated Razor Ramon
– WWF Tag Team Championship: The Bodydonnas (c) defeated The Godwinns
– Shawn Michaels (c) defeated Diesel
• WWE Nixes Luke Harper Feud Due To Request Release
Former SmackDown Tag Team Champion Luke Harper recently announced on Twitter that he has asked for his release from WWE.
According to The Dirty Sheets, WWE has denied Harper’s release request and plan on doing the same for every wrestler that announces their release online.
Wrestlers are trying to get their releases by announcing it online as a way to put pressure on WWE (as that’s how Tye Dillinger also got his release). However, WWE is now taking a stand and not giving releases to anyone.
WWE has now added 6 months to Harper’s contract as that was the amount of time he missed from WWE due to his wrist injury. His contract is now set to expire before WrestleMania 36.
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE officials were planning to do a feud between Luke Harper & Sami Zayn, but that feud was nixed due to Harper’s release request.
WATCH: Actual Footage Of WWE NXT Referee Breaking His Leg During A Match: