• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (October 7, 1989) – NWA World Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1989, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘NWA World Championship Wrestling’.
This episode from the Center Stage Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia, featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Tommy Rich vs Joe Cruz
– Shane Douglas & Johnny Ace (w/ Jim Cornette) vs Gene Ligon & Tommy Angel
– Bobby Eaton & Stan Lane (w/ Jim Cornette) defeated Cruel Connection #1 & Agent Steel
– Norman (w/ Teddy Long) vs Greg Evans
– Rick Steiner (w/ Scott Steiner & Missy Hyatt) vs Bill Ford
– Ranger Ross vs the Cuban Assassin
– Sid Vicious & Dan Spivey (w/ Teddy Long) vs Tim Parker & Rick Ryder
– Tom Zenk defeated Bob Cook
– NWA US Champion Lex Luger vs Brian Pillman (sub. for Richard Sartain)
– Road Warrior Animal (w/ Paul Ellering) vs Trent Knight
• WWE Not Happy With Indy Promotion
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE officials are not happy with Major League Wrestling trademarking “War Games” and using the match on their show.
After MLW trademarked War Games, WWE went on to trademark the following names:
– WCW Thunder
– NWO New World Order
– All Star Wrestling
– WCW Monday Nitro
– World Championship Wrestling
– Halloween Havoc
– Fall Brawl