• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (April 18, 2002) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2002, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Compaq Center in Houston, Texas and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Backlash 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Al Snow, Maven & Rikishi vs. Albert, Billy Gunn & Chuck Palumbo
2. Tajiri & Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Billy Kidman & Hurricane
3. Ron Simmons vs. Test
4. Hardcore Holly vs. DDP
5. Chris Jericho & Kurt Angle vs. Triple H & Hulk Hogan
WATCH: Nikki Bella In A Tub Wearing Nothing:
• WWE Officials Could Be Trying To Split-Up Charlotte Flair & Andrade
The following wrestlers changed brands during the WWE Superstar Shake-Up this week:
Intercontinental Champion Finn Bálor
While real-life couples like Erik (of The Viking Experience) and Sarah Logan, Jimmy Uso and Naomi, Aleister Black and Zelina Vega, Rusev and Lana, Mike and Maria Kanellis are on the same brand, Charlotte Flair & Andrade ended up on different brands as Charlotte remains on SmackDown and Andrade was moved to RAW.
Below is what Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer had to say about this:
“The splitting of a couple by the office is usually the sign of wanting to break them up. In the Andrade/Flair situation, it does put Vega and Black together on the same brand.”