• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (May 2, 1987) – AWA Superclash 2
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on May 2, 1987, Verne Gagne’s American Wrestling Association aired ‘AWA Superclash II’ from the Cow Palace in San Francisco, California.
As opposed to Superclash I & Superclash III, this event featured mainly AWA wrestlers, while not featuring any NWA or WCCW talents.
Here are the results:
– Sheik Adnan Al-Kaissy defeated Buck Zumhofe
– DJ Peterson wrestled Super Ninja to a time-limit-draw
– AWA World Women’s Championship: Sherri Martel (c) defeated Madusa Miceli
– AWA World Heavyweight Championship: Curt Hennig defeated Nick Bockwinkel (c)
– The Midnight Rockers & Ray Stevens defeated Buddy Wolfe, Doug Somers & Kevin Kelly
– Jerry Blackwell defeated Boris Zhukov
– Jimmy Snuka & Russ Francis defeated The Terrorist & The Mercenary
WATCH: Former WWE Diva Kelly Kelly Shows Off Her Hot Buns:
• WWE Officials Worried About Becky Lynch
At Money In The Bank 2019, “The Man” Becky Lynch will have two matches. She’ll defend the RAW Women’s Championship against Lacey Evans and the SmackDown Women’s Championship against Charlotte Flair.
According to Brad Shepard, people in WWE are worried about Becky Lynch’s momentum due to WWE’s booking:
“According to a source in WWE they believe the company is ‘wearing the Becky Lynch thing out.’ They believe that two matches at Money In The Bank will be the first cracks in the Becky Lynch armor so to speak and they believe the crowd would pop if Lacey Evans won.
So it’s very interesting to get a perspective of somebody in WWE as to how they feel the Becky Lynch thing is continuing to play out.”