• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (November 8, 1997) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW World War 3 1997’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1. Chris Adams vs. Eddie Guerrero
2. Louie Spicolli vs. Disco Inferno
3. Bobby Walker vs. Jerry Flynn
4. Gedo vs. Psychosis
5. Ernest Miller & Glacier vs. High Voltage
6. Hugh Morrus vs. Barry Horowitz
7. Lucha Libre Battle Royal
8. John Nord & Barry Darsow vs. Disorderly Conduct
• WWE Planning A Big Multi-Man Universal Title Match At WrestleMania 35?
The Universal Championship has only been defended twice at a WrestleMania event and Brock Lesnar won both of those matches.
According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE might be planning a multi-man Universal Championship match at WrestleMania 35 between Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman, Drew McIntyre & Seth Rollins.
It’s very much possible that Lesnar is the Universal Champion heading into WrestleMania 35. Lesnar is said to have signed a new deal with WWE for his current reign as Universal Champion and Wrestling Observer noted that Lesnar is currently scheduled for two PPV matches in this deal (one of them would be at WrestleMania 35).
Current speculation is that Braun Strowman might finally get his moment of winning the Universal Championship (his first World Title in WWE) at WrestleMania 35.