• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 20, 1991) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Arco Arena in Sacramento, California and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1991’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. The Big Boss Man vs. Louie Spicolli
2. The Nasty Boys vs. Scott Carlson & Bob Allen
3. Ricky Steamboat vs. Tim Patterson
4. Virgil vs. The Black Knight
5. The Warlord vs. Bill Gatlin
6. The Beverly Brothers vs. Jim Gorman & Matt Evans
• WWE Reportedly Released Some Wrestlers For Complaining About Saudi Arabia Partnership
WWE travelling to Saudi Arabia has always been a controversial topic, which isn’t fully supported by many of their employees as well.
Many wrestlers already don’t go to the country, while many more started fearing travelling there after the WWE crew got stuck over there after Crown Jewel 2019 PPV.
The Wrestling Observer noted that while several wrestlers were let go due to pay issues back in April during the budget cuts, some of them were released due to making an issue about going to Saudi Arabia.
“Another thing was that the guys who had given the company bad publicity over Saudi Arabia, which were Rusev and Karl Anderson and Joe Hennig [Curtis Axel], I think. The other one was Andrade, but Andrade is in the Flair family so he was safe.
There was a lot of bitterness because WWE sees it one way…the reason that there was a problem [with Saudi Arabia] is because guys said there was a problem and everything and there’s all those tweets out there which WWE couldn’t deny and it led to this lawsuit as a matter of fact.”
WATCH: Revealing Video Of Kelly Kelly (Part 1):