• WWE’s Revenue For Q3 Revealed (Details)
WWE announced their 3rd quarter results today. Below are the highlights:
– Revenue was $304.6 million, an increase of 19%; Operating Income was $58.9 million, a decrease of 8%; and Adjusted OIBDA 1 was $91.2 million, an increase of 17%.
– Returned $9.1 million of capital to shareholders through dividends paid.
– Clash at the Castle, the first major WWE stadium event in the UK in over 30 years, was held at Principality Stadium in Cardiff, Wales. Clash at the Castle was the most viewed international event in WWE’s history.
– Each WWE domestic premium live event (Money in the Bank, SummerSlam and Extreme Rules) was the most viewed event in its history with year-over-year increases of 17%, 20% and 36%, respectively, in domestic unique viewership on Peacock.
– WWE announced a multi-year agreement with its long-standing partner, the Foxtel Group, to expand the distribution of the Company’s content in Australia.
– WWE announced the creation of NXT Europe, which is planned to launch in 2023, to expand the NXT brand internationally.
– In October, WWE announced its “Campus Rush” recruitment tour to further enhance the Company’s talent development program.
WATCH: Revealing Video Of Aliyah’s Buns:
• ON THIS DAY IN NWA HISTORY (November 2, 1985) – NWA World Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1985, Jim Crockett Promotions aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘World Championship Wrestling’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘NWA Starrcade 1985’ event.
The card of the show can be found here:
Manny Fernandez vs. Tommy Lane
Buddy Landell vs. Tony Zane
Rock n Roll Express vs. Mike Davis & George South
Billy Jack Haynes vs. The Black Kat
Magnum T.A. vs. Keith Erich
Superstar Billy Graham vs. Abdullah The Butcher
Tully Blanchard vs. Denny Brown
Nikita Koloff vs. Mack Jeffers
Ivan Koloff & Krusher Khrushchev vs. Ricky Reeves & Jerry Garmon
Jimmy Valliant vs. Jimmy Black