Below are some important WWE & AEW news stories:
• WWE held a “Saturday Night’s Main Event” untelevised Live Event / House Show this past Saturday at the Nassau Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York.
Below are the results:
– LA Knight def. Austin Theory
– Ricochet def. Karrion Kross
– Omos def. Johnny Gargano
– Charlotte Flair def. Asuka
– The LWO (Joaquin Wilde, Cruz Del Toro & Zelina Vega) def. Hit Row (Top Dolla, Ashante Adonis & B-Fab)
– AJ Styles def. Solo Sikoa
– Cody Rhodes def. Finn Balor in a Street Fight
• WWE recently announced in a press release that merchandise sales at Payback 2023 were up 182% vs. the previous record set for a Payback event in 2017.
In an update from Fightful Select, Cody Rhodes was the #1 merch seller at Payback 2023, followed by the returning John Cena at #2.
• All Elite Wrestling’s Red Velvet last wrestled on the February 1st episode of AEW Dynamite, where she challenged Jade Cargill for the TBS Women’s Championship, and lost.
According to Fightful Select, there has been “positive” progress towards a possible Velvet return, but it’s unknown if she’s been cleared yet. It was noted that she is “pretty close” to a return, though.
WATCH: Nikki Bella Exposes Her Buns (Part 1):