• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 27, 1991) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1991’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Big Boss Man vs. Pez Whatley
2. The Undertaker vs. Larry Ludden
3. Jim Duggan vs. The Genius
4. Mr. Perfect vs. Randy Taylor
5. Jake Roberts vs. Earthquake
6. The Rockers vs. Barry O & Bill Lucas
• WWE Was About To Fire Wrestler Before Pairing Him Up With Roman Reigns
On a recent edition of The New Day’s Feel The Power podcast, Xavier Woods revealed an interesting story about Tyler Breeze. Woods revealed that Breeze was on the verge of being fired by WWE, when he was in FCW.
However, an idea for him to team up with Roman Reigns saved him from being released. Reigns and Breeze worked as “The Hollywood Express” for a short time during their FCW careers.
Below is what Woods said:
“All of a sudden, I see Breeze walking out and I hear his music. I’m like, ‘Wait, what? We’re a tag team?’ And then I see him walking out with who? Roman Reigns. And then what happens? By the end of that match, there’s a one, two, three, and Breeze and Roman Reigns were the new Tag Team Champions, while Breeze and I were a legitimate tag.”
Breeze said that the higher-ups wanted Reigns to hold the FCW Tag Team Championship, so they chose him as his partner at a short notice.
WATCH: Lana In A Sexy Pose In Bikini: