WWE News

WWE Working On A Back-Up Plan For WWE Crown Jewel After Politicians Speak Up On Saudi Arabia Controversy

Vince McMahon WWE Crown Jewel PPV Saudi Arabia 2018

• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (October 12, 1997) – WCW Worldwide

On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Worldwide’.

This episode was pre-taped from the Disney MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1997’ PPV.

The card of the show can be found here:

– Buff Bagwell & Scott Norton vs. Southern Posse

– Villano IV & V vs. Bobby Eaton & Joey Maggs

– Greg Valentine vs. Terrance Black

– Hangmen #1 vs. Roadblock

– The Giant vs. Jerry Flynn

• WWE Working On A Back-Up Plan For WWE Crown Jewel After Politicians Speak Up On Saudi Arabia Controversy

WWE is having a tough time right now as there’s a lot of controversy going on regarding Saudi Arabia and journalist Jamal Khashoggi gone missing (allegedly killed by the Saudi government).

WWE has a 10 year deal with Saudi Arabia and this deal involves big time money. The money offer is so big that WWE made more money from their Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia earlier this year than what they make from WrestleMania.

Independent Journal Review’s Willaim Steakin discussed WWE & Saudi Arabia’s partnership with members of Congress.

Connecticut Senator Chris Murphy said the following:

“I’d hope that WWE would be rethinking their relationship with the kingdom especially with respect to events coming up in the next weeks.”

New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez said the following:

“Private enterprise is private enterprise, different than a government entity. But because Linda McMahon is part of the president’s cabinet, it falls into the grey area where the administration really should give it some thought and maybe even prevail upon them not doing it.”

According to the Wrestling Observer, WWE is working on a back-up plan for WWE Crown Jewel PPV in-case they’re forced to pull the event from Saudi Arabia.

If they are forced to cancel the Saudi Arabia event, then WWE is expected to move the Brothers of Destruction – DX and Universal Title Triple Threat match to Survivor Series 2018 and the WWE World Cup to some other date.

WWE issued the following statement regarding this Saudi Arabia controversy:

“We are currently monitoring the situation.”

We’ll keep you updated regarding this situation.

        
To Top